Region 16 – Montérégie
ARC – South Shore Assistance & Referral Centre health and social services
- Sponsor and host an annual regional health promotion event showcasing health and social services information and programs that exist within the Montérégie South Shore health care health network.
- Sponsor and assist in delivering a workshop series that promotes stress reduction and anxiety management techniques
- Sponsor and foster the expansion of the South Shore Natural Caregiver Course currently in operation, by creating opportunities for participants to support each others’ learning and use of tools that help them to provide care at home for a family member or loved one.
- Support stakeholders of the Montérégie South Shore Community Health Promotion Program (HPP) to continue developing their community of practitioners, who are focused on shared community health priorities; and strategizing emerging opportunities.
In addition, ARC plans to sponsor and manage the support, planning and development of two senior wellness projects in two English-speaking communities (Greenfield Park & Chateauguay) where seniors have limited access to activities in English.
REE – Réseau Emploi- Entrepreneurship
Over the next two years, Réseaux Emploi Entrepreneurship (REE) Vaudreuil-Soulanges NPI will:
- Deliver workshops on the topics of anxiety, attention deficit, and mental health and aging
- Host support groups, some of which may evolve from the sessions above, others that come to light through partnerships with Community Organizer of the CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest, the Lester B. Pearson school board, Le Versant (professionals in anxiety), and Association PANDA Vaudreuil-Soulanges
- Produce or promote and distribute information focused on de-mystifying mental health
- Continue to work in partnership with CISSS de la Montérégie-Ouest (CSSS de Vaudreuil-Soulanges) and other partners, such as Sentinelle (suicide prevention)
Townshippers Monteregie-Est Network plans to focus on the programs, partnerships and promotion activities:
- Maintain support for the offer of CHEP sessions in the Montérégie-East
- Support the RLS La Pommeraie (Health Matters sessions) and the RLS Haute-Yamaska (Seniors to Seniors information sessions), and in their adaptation of the Community Beacon program
- Pursue sustainable funding options for the Caregivers Café peer support group’s monthly meetings
- Support the implementation of projects developed and administered by network partners including; ‘Who are You’; ‘Discover your Community’; ‘Famille en Fete Waterloo’; ‘Plage en Fete Cowansville’; New Horizons Pan-Canadian project (pending funding)
In addition, Townshippers M-E will promote Healthy Lifestyle choices to ESC youth through enhanced links with seniors – through 6-week Intergenerational cooking classes to be implemented within 3 communities in collaboration with a community partner and local elementary schools (Waterloo, Mansonville, Granby; Avante Women’s Center).
Back to the map