Region 9 – Côte-Nord
Coasters plans to maintain and build capacity in six existing Senior and those with a loss of autonomy Day Centers in the following manner:
- Animators and local advisory groups collaborate to develop a training plan, from delivery to evaluation, and ensure its implementation, as well as build a corresponding toolkit
- Develop a case study of the process and funds invested at the Senior Day Center in La Tabatiere
- Aid in development and implementation of a “Panier de Service” for health promotion and disease prevention” for use at day centers
- Support the Uni Aide Foundation on the establishment of a Social Program Fund
In addition to building capacity of the Day Centers, Coasters plans on supporting monthly programming and community leadership, such as implementing the existing repertoire of Health Promotion Calendar of Activities (new topic of focus each month, like Nutrition Month, Women’s Health Month, etc.), and continue to develop adapted exercise program in partnership with CISSSCN and other partners
NSCA – North Shore Community Association
“Healthy Development & Healthy Aging” will address senior and youth priorities, ultimately resulting in a more engaged, confident and healthy community.
- Coordinate and organize wellness activities offering healthy active lifestyle programs to seniors in North Shore communities.
- Establish a database of senior “shut-ins” for English-speaking seniors in Sept-Iles, and identify homecare services available for shut-ins in community of Sept-Iles; indicate which service/programs are available in English.
- Mobilize volunteer seniors for community participation in developing a support system for visits to shut-ins
Intergenerational, youth literacy and early-childhood development activities will be implemented, along with:
- Croque-Livres (early literacy program for youth) in Port-Cartier
- Early Childhood Development program geared for children from 2-5 year olds
In addition, NSCA will also expand its Senior services in the following manner:
- Conduct an assessment to develop an inventory of health programs for seniors in Sept-Iles
- Add an extra monthly Wellness Day event per targeting seniors of the Eastern sector with