The Fraser Recovery Program (FRP), a non-profit charitable organization, was founded in 1996 with the mission of educating youth from the Quebec City region about the dangers of substance abuse, and responding to the needs of those youth who are struggling with addiction.
Unlike most other youth treatment programs, the FRP helps its clients by providing them with the skills and resources to overcome their addiction, without removing them from their daily environments. In short, the FRP encourages youth to remain at home, attend school and abstain from consuming drugs and alcohol. All our services are offered free of charge.
Our facilities consist of an office space in Quebec City and a secluded camp by Lac Gros-Bois near La Tuque, the latter providing program members with a temporary change of environment on weekends, holidays and in the summer. Our innovative program provides the following comprehensive services to the youth of the English speaking community of Quebec City:
- Twice-weekly group support meetings where participants are encouraged to talk about their problems and receive help from trained professionals and their peers;
- Camp visits where clients who are committed to recovery can learn good work ethics, discipline, and accepting responsibilities, as well as how to have fun without consuming mind-altering substances;
- Individual counseling sessions;
- Regular parent group meetings where parents of addicted youth are offered coping skills and can learn more about addiction and recovery;
- A 24-hour helpline for members;
- Scholarships to assist youth in recovery to further their education;
- Supervised study hall to help members improve their academic performance;
- Prevention and awareness presentations to elementary and high school students;
- In-school interventions with at-risk students.
The Fraser Recovery Program employs a highly trained multidisciplinary team of professionals who specialize in substance use and abuse. Thanks to our services, these individuals have come to forge resilient characters and continue to demonstrate integrity in the face of adversity. They have become active and productive members of their community.
For more information, please contact:
Fraser Recovery Program
Québec QC G1S 3V8